Sunday, October 10, 2010

Stu Bru 2

Stu Bru 2 was a noticeable improvement over Stu Bru 1. It was an Coopers IPA kit with 500g of light DME, 300 grams of dextrose. The addition of the DME has certainly helped the body and even though the Golding hops aren't 100% to my taste, it's still a very pleasant beer.

The head retention was good (if that matters at all). The flavour needs a little bit more personality, I'm hoping to use the Cascade hops to make the next version of this, and I'll up the bitterness too, it was a little tame for my tastebuds.

The alcohol should be quite low but after having just 750ml, I noticed this has a fair bit of kick. So I'll be drinking these slowly.

Here's a few photos from bottling:
Beer and bottles
Building up a sweat capping. Where are my 750ml bottles?
At least now these bottles contain some flavour. What a pain to cap though.


Voila! Putting them in containers in case they over-carbonate...aka explode.

No comments:

Post a Comment